Hemlock Grove near Lake Valhalla, Morris County
Photo © George Aronson
Our mission is to protect, restore, and enhance the water and other natural and cultural resources of the New Jersey Highlands for the benefit of all citizens and businessess in the state of NJ.
Specifically, our focus is on:
- Safeguarding the water resources, ecological integrity, and biodiversity of the New Jersey Highlands.
- Promoting the development and implementation of a strongly protective Highlands Regional Master Plan.
- Ensuring strict enforcement of the NJ DEP’s Highlands Water Protection and Planning Act, and other regulations.
- Increasing local, state, federal and private sources of funding for land conservation and stewardship in the region, and promoting better planning, growth management and land acquisition strategies.
- Educating the public and decision-makers on, and serving as an information source for, New Jersey Highlands preservation issues.
- Mobilizing individuals and organizations into a strong alliance to protect, preserve and enhance the New Jersey Highlands.