Our mission is to protect, restore, and enhance the water and other natural and cultural resources of New Jersey’s Highlands.
Specifically, our focus is on:
- Safeguarding the water resources, ecological integrity, biodiversity, and the cultural and scenic resources of the New Jersey Highlands.
- Promoting the implementation of a strongly protective Highlands Regional Master Plan.
- Faithful implementation of the Highlands Water Protection and Planning Act, and the promulgated regulations of NJDEP and other agencies.
- Increasing local, state, federal and private sources of funding for land conservation and stewardship in the region, and promoting better planning, growth management and land acquisition strategies.
- Educating the public and decision-makers on, and serving as an information source for, New Jersey Highlands cultural and natural resource protection.
- Creating strong partnerships and alliances with organizations and individuals to effectively protect, preserve and enhance the New Jersey Highlands.