NEW JERSEY HIGHLANDS COALITION SEEKS A DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
At New Jersey Highlands Coalition people and environmental protection matter most.
Please send your resume to email@example.com before June 7, 2021.
We’re looking for a part time (average 20 hours per week) development associate that has a passion for fundraising and event planning that excite and fulfill them. For you, there’s nothing better than asking for funding and partnerships from a business that helps make a big impact on the cultural and natural resources of the NJ Highlands. As a Development Associate at the New Jersey Highlands Coalition, you’ll help build business relationships, bring awareness to the region, and collaborate with a team of people as committed and passionate as you. The position is a 1099 employee (independent contractor) and will pay $20,000 per year.
- Do you see yourself as an energetic, positive person?
- Do you have a passion for asking for funds that make a difference for an environmental advocacy nonprofit?
- Do you have familiarity with social media, fund raising, and some graphic art skills?
- Do you enjoy planning logistics, creating event communications and developing information tracking?
- Do you believe you have comfort in “making the ask,” and have strong organizational and communications talents?
- Do you pride yourself on having a high level of attention to detail, strong written and verbal skills and organization aptitude?
- Are you able to maintain calm in times of stress?
- Do you focus on priorities to achieve set goals?
- Are you looking for a place to learn and challenge yourself?
- Are you inspired by the opportunity to address and solve interesting problems?
- Are you looking for a job that offers opportunities to learn and grow as a fundraising professional?
- Are you flexible, able to work some evenings and weekends?
- Do you value the people you work with as much as the work itself?
- Do you have a sense of humor (optional, but ideal)?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, we want to meet you!
This is an opportunity to be a part of a small group of dynamic, creative learners who are passionate about producing inspired and effective work to protect the New Jersey Highlands, who seek to improve every day, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
The Development Associate may pursue a flexible work schedule and work sometimes from home, pending type of work needed. The position is temporarily remote and your work will be conducted over Zoom, emails, phone calls and, if comfortable, socially distanced meetings with businesses. Laptop will be provided.
Responsibilities include working with the Executive Director and Development Director (and other staff as appropriate) on event initiation, development and management, and support for other fund raising and education opportunities.
The New Jersey Highlands Coalition is a group of individuals like yourself alongside large and small member organizations helping to protect the New Jersey Highlands, a region full of spectacular views, tons of outdoor recreation opportunities, historical treasures and tourist sites to visit (don’t forget about breweries and wineries!), open space with some of the oldest forests that help us to fight climate change, and provides over 6.2 million people clean drinking water!
The New Jersey Highlands Coalition believes in:
Integrity – this includes being honest, honoring commitments, demonstrating respect for others, and being transparent in all of our dealings.
Teamwork – This includes working cooperatively to achieve common goals, being personally accountable for results, and having an open mind to others’ opinions.
Consensus – This means listening to what other people have to say, being open to their ideas, seeking, hearing, and considering all viewpoints while being decisive for the sake of achieving organizational goals.
Inclusiveness – This means seeking a broad membership aligned with our mission, developing allies across all sectors of society, and bringing new approaches to bear on our work to improve dialogue with diverse audiences.
Having Fun! – We will not take ourselves too seriously, humor will be a key part of our culture, and balance in all our lives will be respected.
The New Jersey Highlands Coalition enjoys a collaborative workplace among peers who care about protecting the natural and cultural resources of the New Jersey Highlands. Our office is in Boonton. The New Jersey Highlands Coalition is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workspace. Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, NJHC is committed to employing individuals from various backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.